MLU has developed relationships with its uniform and equipment suppliers that benefit the player, parent, coach, team and club. These relationships provide the club with discounts on all of our apparel, support for our TOPS program, apparel for our coaches and trainers, and sponsorship of our annual tournament. In order to maintain these relationships and maximize their benefit, MLU has implemented the following uniform policy.
New teams will receive an equipment bag, 6 size 4 balls, 12 pinnies, 25 cones, and a first aid kit. This kit is the property of the Club. Replacement equipment is the team's responsibility and should be replaced through the Director of Equipment. Additional items, such as ice packs may be ordered from the Director of Equipment as well.
Each year, coaches will receive either a jersey or an outerwear item. This will alternate each year.
Travel Kit Info
- All players on MLU travel teams are required to wear the official travel team kit
- Additional adornment of the uniform, such as names, sponsorships, etc., is not permitted.
- All players on MLU travel teams may optionally purchase accessories (Training Suit and Backpack) as defined by the MLU Board of Directors.
- Kits and accessories must be purchased through the Director of Equipment.
- When official travel team kit, as defined by the MLU Board of Directors, changes, all teams must change their uniform.
- All MLU travel teams must designate a “uniform contact” to interface with the Director of Equipment. Only the team’s designated Uniform Contact is permitted to place orders.
- MLU Uniform colors are maroon and white.
- Alternate jerseys for summer/winter play, outside of Fall and Spring league seasons, must be approved by the Director of Equipment.
- All additional apparel, including fan gear and training wear must be approved by the Director of Equipment.
- The Uniform Contact is responsible for ensuring that the team is in compliance with the club’s uniform policy.
- Kit and accessory donations made to a team, must comply with these rules.
- Teams not in compliance will be fined $100 per player found in violation of this policy.
- Shin guards and cleats may be purchased at the retailer of the participants choosing.
- Kits are replaced every two years.
Ordering dates and deadlines
Ordering deadlines have been established and are posted on the club’s website.
Orders Spring 2024 league play are due by February 9th, 2024
a) Orders placed outside of these ordering windows are subject to penalties.
a) All equipment that has been issued to a team, remains the property of MLU.
b) In the event of a coaching change, all equipment that has been issued to the team shall remain with the team.
c) In the event of a team disbanding, all equipment that has been issued to the team shall be returned to the Director of Equipment.
The check request form is available on our website on the Treasurer's page.