USClub Soccer requires all coaches to complete a background check in order to be issued a passcard. Passcards are good for all MLU teams,so you do not need to request a passcard for each team,if there are more than one. They are not valid for use with other clubs.
US Club Soccer announced two Player Health and Safety initiatives for registered staff members:
- Sideline Sports Doc online course: Effective July 1, 2016 all coaches and staff members registering with US Club Soccer must complete the course each time a background check is required (approximately every two years). The confirmation number you receive upon course completion must be entered into the background screening application in order to proceed. [For more info: Staff Registration web page. To take the course: sidelinesportsdoc.com/usclubsoccer]
- Background screening: US Club Soccer substantially increased its background screening standard and transitioned the application and process to the Sport Ngin platform. [Background Screening Application | Background Screening web page]
USClub suggests at minimum a 7 business day lead time to process passes. If any of your players are currently carded with another club through USClub, we strongly suggest that you ask the parent to request a release from the former club. This issue can hold up you passcard request. There must be at minimum one carded coach prior to requesting player passcards. We suggest beginning the process at least 2 weeks a head of time.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR MLU TEAM FOR US CLUB SOCCER AND OBTAIN PASSCARDS.
1. If this is the first time you are registering for USClub Soccer, please let us know of your intent. For example, tournament play, Summer Select, league play or state cup. Please provide the names, home address, phone number and email address of the head coach, assistant coach and team manager to [email protected] We will also need the name of the team you are registering and the age group. (The registrar will enter your team staff information) You will receive an email with your user name and password.
2. GO TO THE US CLUB SOCCER WEBSITE AT USCLUBSOCCER.ORG.CLICK ON “REGISTRATION” TAB ACROSS THE TOP
3. CLICK ON STAFF Registration and read through process.
4. Complete Sideline course..
5. CLICK ON THE LINK TO THE BACKGROUND CHECK APPLICATION WEBPAGE.
6. COMPLETE THE INFORMATION AS REQUIRED. USClub will notify us as to whether they approved or disapproved the check
7.WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FORM, call or email, [email protected] with your confirmation numbers for the background check and online course.
At this time your coaching pass card will be requested and your background check will be run.You will need to collect each player’s registration information and medical release authorization and birth certificate and head shot photo. The release form is available from the US Club site, under Club resources, forms, #R002. You will also require a small photo of each player to place on their pass card and a copy of their birth certificate which will need to be scanned and upload when you register them online. Specific instructions for registering players are available on the US Club site. After you have registered all your players and uploaded each birth certificate, contact the registrar to process the passcards.